Freelance Philosophy with Tom Jepson
UI/UX freelancer, Tom Jepson lives in Nottingham, UK with his family. He loves horror movies and geeking out about coffee. What fills his cup more than finely-ground beans? Helping fellow creatives all over the world maximize their freelance potential.
In this episode of MMMW, we’re sitting down for a chat with Tom Jepson to discuss his thriving freelance business. With over 15 years of experience in the creative space, he’s picked up some priceless insights to share on our show. In addition to his accomplished career in user interface design, Tom is passionate about helping people like YOU build inspired, value-first businesses one step at a time.
Freelance is all about doing what you love, your way—and today we unpack a treasure trove of philosophical and mindset topics to get you there! To name a few…
- Stepping into a strategic / advisory role with small business clients
- Differentiating between Cost, Value, and Price
- How UI and UX intertwine
- The role of formal education your freelance journey
- Changing careers to change your direction
- Package pricing vs project pricing vs monthly retainer
- Spotting “good fit” clients early on
- Accountability (and contracts) in a client relationship
- Growing the confidence to say no
- Identifying your reason for freelancing
- Investing in coaching and mentorship
Be sure to subscribe via your favorite podcast player and (of course) your ratings & reviews would mean the world to me!
Links from the Episode
About the Podcast
Embrace the freelance life and make your future happen faster with expert insights and deep-dive interviews about the business side of web design.
Meet Your Host
Tom O’Malley is a successful freelance web designer based in Charleston, SC. In nearly two decades of building websites, Tom has proudly served clients big and small across dozens of industries—earning over $1 million with his creative side hustle.
Making Money Making Websites
Available wherever you listen